Kanpur jail starts video conferencing of trials
Kanpur: Kanpur District Jail has become the first prison in Uttar Pradesh to launch video conferencing facility for hearing cases.
Those accused of petty crimes or against whom a chargesheet has not been submitted in court will be brought before a magistrate for questioning through video conferencing, Rudresh Narayan Pandey, Superintendent of Jail, said.
A video camera, big screen and computer have been installed in the prison and Kanpur District Court for the purpose, he said.
However, inmates who are accused of heinous crimes or whose cases are already being heard by the court will not be brought forward through this method, he said.
The trial phase will be conducted tomorrow with the cases of five accused being taken up, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM