Kanth incident: BJP to hold state-wide dharnas on July 26
Lucknow: State BJP on Wednesday said that it would soon hold state-wide dharnas, to protest against the alleged police atrocities against its party leaders and workers during a recent incidence of violence in Kanth area of Moradabad district.
BJP state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai said that all party MPs, MLAs and office bearers would jointly lodge an FIR at Kanth police station on July 26 against the behaviour of police.
"Dharnas will be organised at all district headquarters on July 26," he said.
Bajpai further said that the elected representatives and office bearers of the party would also meet Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and lodge their protest and request the Governor to take cognisance of the matter.
Trouble had erupted in Kanth area of Moradabad on July 4 over the installation of a loudspeaker at a temple leading to violent clashes in which the district magistrate had also suffered grievous injuries in his eye.
On payment of cane dues, Bajpai said that the party would "lock" offices of deputy commissioners on July 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Myanmar denies clashes between Indian army, ethnic group
- Black money: Govt to ban cash transactions of above Rs 3 lakh
- Must see pics! Incredible images of lava from Hawaii’s volcano cascading into the ocean (Photo feature)
- A month on, search continues for missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- PM Modi calls for dialogue, accepts development alone can't bring 'lasting solution' to Kashmir