Kanth incident: BJP to hold state-wide dharnas on July 26
Lucknow: State BJP on Wednesday said that it would soon hold state-wide dharnas, to protest against the alleged police atrocities against its party leaders and workers during a recent incidence of violence in Kanth area of Moradabad district.
BJP state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai said that all party MPs, MLAs and office bearers would jointly lodge an FIR at Kanth police station on July 26 against the behaviour of police.
"Dharnas will be organised at all district headquarters on July 26," he said.
Bajpai further said that the elected representatives and office bearers of the party would also meet Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and lodge their protest and request the Governor to take cognisance of the matter.
Trouble had erupted in Kanth area of Moradabad on July 4 over the installation of a loudspeaker at a temple leading to violent clashes in which the district magistrate had also suffered grievous injuries in his eye.
On payment of cane dues, Bajpai said that the party would "lock" offices of deputy commissioners on July 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire