Kanth incident: BJP to hold state-wide dharnas on July 26
Lucknow: State BJP on Wednesday said that it would soon hold state-wide dharnas, to protest against the alleged police atrocities against its party leaders and workers during a recent incidence of violence in Kanth area of Moradabad district.
BJP state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai said that all party MPs, MLAs and office bearers would jointly lodge an FIR at Kanth police station on July 26 against the behaviour of police.
"Dharnas will be organised at all district headquarters on July 26," he said.
Bajpai further said that the elected representatives and office bearers of the party would also meet Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and lodge their protest and request the Governor to take cognisance of the matter.
Trouble had erupted in Kanth area of Moradabad on July 4 over the installation of a loudspeaker at a temple leading to violent clashes in which the district magistrate had also suffered grievous injuries in his eye.
On payment of cane dues, Bajpai said that the party would "lock" offices of deputy commissioners on July 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened