Kanth incident: BJP to hold state-wide dharnas on July 26
Lucknow: State BJP on Wednesday said that it would soon hold state-wide dharnas, to protest against the alleged police atrocities against its party leaders and workers during a recent incidence of violence in Kanth area of Moradabad district.
BJP state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai said that all party MPs, MLAs and office bearers would jointly lodge an FIR at Kanth police station on July 26 against the behaviour of police.
"Dharnas will be organised at all district headquarters on July 26," he said.
Bajpai further said that the elected representatives and office bearers of the party would also meet Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and lodge their protest and request the Governor to take cognisance of the matter.
Trouble had erupted in Kanth area of Moradabad on July 4 over the installation of a loudspeaker at a temple leading to violent clashes in which the district magistrate had also suffered grievous injuries in his eye.
On payment of cane dues, Bajpai said that the party would "lock" offices of deputy commissioners on July 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days