Kidnapped minor girl found dead, protest breaks ou
Ghaziabad: Protests broke out on Thursday in Subhas Nagar area of the district after a six-year-old kidnapped girl was found murdered, with her family members alleging that she was raped and dumped in a field here.
The minor`s body was found this morning leading to a large-scale protest by her family and local residents who blocked the national highway here.
The victim`s face was disfigured before her body was dumped, police said.
Police had to lathi-charge and fire tear-gas shells and rubber bullets to disperse agitating protesters. While dozens of people, including some policemen, were injured in the clash, several have been apprehended for indulging in violence.
The victim, a resident of Subhash Nagar, was allegedly kidnapped from a function yesterday by unidentified men. Her father was present at the function when she was kidnapped. The victim`s family allege that police refused to lodge a complaint.
"The charges will be probed and necessary departmental action will be taken against any police personnel found guilty of negligence of duty," Superintendent of Police (City) Shiv Shankar Yadav said.
The SP said that the body has been sent for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre