Kunda killings: Family tells CBI of threat from Raja Bhaiya
Lucknow: More trouble comes the way of former Uttar Pradesh minister and independent legislator from Kunda, Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya, in the triple murder case at Balipur. The family of gram pradhan Nanhe Yadav has complained to the CBI of threats from the former minister and his men.
Nanhe Yadav was shot dead on March 02, while having tea at a stall in Balipur village. His brother Suresh was also killed.
In a written complaint to the CBI team camping in the village to probe the triple murder, including that of deputy superintendent of police (DSP) Zia-ul-Haq, who rushed to the village to quell violent protests, the family of the deceased Nanhe and Suresh Yadav have apprehended threat to their lives. They told the investigative agency that they feared the "political connections" of the former minister.
Seeking security for the family, Pawan, the younger brother of the pradhan, has alleged that Raja Bhaiya had telephonically threatened him not to proceed with the case any further. Pawan has also demanded that the CBI question Raja Bhaiya in the case.
A senior CBI official confirmed to a news agency on Saturday that a formal complaint (tehreer) with regard to the threat perception to the family of the deceased village head had been received.
"We have received a complaint and would act on it as per law," he said.
Meanwhile, sources said that the CBI team probing the murders had decided to register Raja Bhaiya`s name in the case diary of the triple murder, thus making it imminent that the legislator be "put through interrogation".
Soon after the murder of the police official, his widow Parveen had also accused Raja Bhaiya of conspiring to kill her husband.
"There is no doubt that Raja Bhaiya had a hand in my husband`s death," she had said.
Zia-ul-Haq, the circle officer of Kunda, was killed on March 02 by a mob when he rushed to Balipur following the murder of village pradhan Nanhe Yadav and his younger brother Suresh.
After the widow of the cop pointed fingers at Raja Bhaiya and his name was included in the first information report (FIR), the Kunda MLA was forced to quit the Akhilesh Yadav Cabinet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days