Lakhimpur case: FIR against 3 accused doctors
Lakhimpur, UP: A local court here has
ordered that an FIR be lodged against three doctors, who had
conducted the first post mortem of the 14-year-old girl, who
was allegedly raped and killed inside the police station
premises in Nighasan town.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Ram Kishore Shukla yesterday
directed Lakhimpur kotwali police to register the FIR and
investigate the case.
The order was issued after a local lawyer and general
secretary of Bhrishtachar Virodhi Samgharsh Samiti (BVSS)
Dharmendra Singh Suryavanshi moved the court demanding action
against the three doctors for their negligence in discharge of
their duties to the benefit of the accused of the girl`s
The three doctors have already been suspended by the
government for dereliction of their duties.
The 14-year-old girl was found murdered in Nighasan
police station premises and her mother had alleged rape and
murder of her daughter by the policemen.
The panel of doctors comprising S P Singh, A K Sharma
and A K Agrawal who had carried out the first post mortem on
the victim claimed hanging as the cause of death in their
However, when the government ordered a fresh
post mortem by a team of doctors from Lucknow it revealed
strangulation to be the main cause of the death.
The post mortem report also disclosed four physical
injury marks on the body, indicating brutality before the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31