Lakhimpur case: FIR against 3 accused doctors
Lakhimpur, UP: A local court here has
ordered that an FIR be lodged against three doctors, who had
conducted the first post mortem of the 14-year-old girl, who
was allegedly raped and killed inside the police station
premises in Nighasan town.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Ram Kishore Shukla yesterday
directed Lakhimpur kotwali police to register the FIR and
investigate the case.
The order was issued after a local lawyer and general
secretary of Bhrishtachar Virodhi Samgharsh Samiti (BVSS)
Dharmendra Singh Suryavanshi moved the court demanding action
against the three doctors for their negligence in discharge of
their duties to the benefit of the accused of the girl`s
The three doctors have already been suspended by the
government for dereliction of their duties.
The 14-year-old girl was found murdered in Nighasan
police station premises and her mother had alleged rape and
murder of her daughter by the policemen.
The panel of doctors comprising S P Singh, A K Sharma
and A K Agrawal who had carried out the first post mortem on
the victim claimed hanging as the cause of death in their
However, when the government ordered a fresh
post mortem by a team of doctors from Lucknow it revealed
strangulation to be the main cause of the death.
The post mortem report also disclosed four physical
injury marks on the body, indicating brutality before the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!