Lakhimpur case: FIR against 3 accused doctors
Lakhimpur, UP: A local court here has
ordered that an FIR be lodged against three doctors, who had
conducted the first post mortem of the 14-year-old girl, who
was allegedly raped and killed inside the police station
premises in Nighasan town.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Ram Kishore Shukla yesterday
directed Lakhimpur kotwali police to register the FIR and
investigate the case.
The order was issued after a local lawyer and general
secretary of Bhrishtachar Virodhi Samgharsh Samiti (BVSS)
Dharmendra Singh Suryavanshi moved the court demanding action
against the three doctors for their negligence in discharge of
their duties to the benefit of the accused of the girl`s
The three doctors have already been suspended by the
government for dereliction of their duties.
The 14-year-old girl was found murdered in Nighasan
police station premises and her mother had alleged rape and
murder of her daughter by the policemen.
The panel of doctors comprising S P Singh, A K Sharma
and A K Agrawal who had carried out the first post mortem on
the victim claimed hanging as the cause of death in their
However, when the government ordered a fresh
post mortem by a team of doctors from Lucknow it revealed
strangulation to be the main cause of the death.
The post mortem report also disclosed four physical
injury marks on the body, indicating brutality before the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...