Land acquisition: Mutiny at Maya’s village!
Allahabad: In a fresh trouble to Mayawati
government, farmers from the Chief Minister`s village on Wednesday
filed pleas in the Allahabad High Court challenging
acquisition of more than 200 hectares and alleged that plots
belonging to "influential" land-owners were exempted in a
"Altogether 50 farmers from Badalpur village in Gautam
Buddh Nagar district have filed their petitions. They have
challenged the acquisition of 230 hectares falling in the
village by the state government vide notifications issued in
the year 2008," petitioners` lawyer V M Zaidi told reporters.
Zaidi said the petitioners have alleged that the state
government had acquired the land by invoking the urgency
clause that the land was needed for industrial development of
"The farmers` contention is that in this way they were
denied the opportunity to raise objections or bargain for
adequate compensation. Yet, a number of influential farmers in
the village were granted exemption from the acquisition in a
discriminatory and arbitrary manner," the lawyer said.
The government is under attack for acquiring land in a
number of villages in Gautam Buddh Nagar district for
developing the Noida Extension areas.
Acquisition of more than 150 hectares in a village was
set aside by the High Court and the state government`s appeal
against the judgement was turned down by the Supreme Court
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark