Locals protest over frequent power-cuts in Agra
Agra: Irked over regular power-cuts, a mob
allegedly disrupted traffic movement, indulged in eve-teasing
and attacked some media persons in the Mahatma Gandhi Marg
area, police said.
The incident took place yesterday when locals of
Nalband area took out a rally protesting against frequent
power-cuts and stopped traffic near Mahatma Gandhi Marg area,
they said, adding the mob misbehaved with some woman
passengers in an auto.
Three media persons identified as Vinod Aggarwal,
Dinesh Pachauri and Avinash Jaiswal were also assaulted by the
mob after they reached the spot to report the incident. SP
City Ashok Prasad rushed to the area with a police team to
control the situation, they said.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- 60 percent voting in 2nd phase of panchayat polls in Bihar
- Prosecutors says ISIS ordered Italian resident to attack Rome
- Bomb blast in Assam's Tinsukia area; dozens injured, some in serious condition
- EWS admission: Delhi Govt issues fresh instructions to schools
- Kanhaiya, ABVP activists on indefinite hunger strikes in JNU