Locals protest over frequent power-cuts in Agra
Agra: Irked over regular power-cuts, a mob
allegedly disrupted traffic movement, indulged in eve-teasing
and attacked some media persons in the Mahatma Gandhi Marg
area, police said.
The incident took place yesterday when locals of
Nalband area took out a rally protesting against frequent
power-cuts and stopped traffic near Mahatma Gandhi Marg area,
they said, adding the mob misbehaved with some woman
passengers in an auto.
Three media persons identified as Vinod Aggarwal,
Dinesh Pachauri and Avinash Jaiswal were also assaulted by the
mob after they reached the spot to report the incident. SP
City Ashok Prasad rushed to the area with a police team to
control the situation, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram