Lucknow DM `slaps` govt employees
Lucknow: The Lucknow district magistrate
on Friday allegedly slapped some striking government staff during
inspection of various departments, evoking sharp reaction from
employees union which demanded stern action against him.
The incident occurred at Agriculture Directorate where DM
Amit Ghosh had gone along with some administration and police
officers to check presence of the employees following strike
call given by various unions.
Reacting sharply to the incident, the employees` union
leaders have demanded stern action against the DM and the DIG
"We condemn the incident and both the officers should be
placed under suspension by the government. The employees will
not buckle under pressure tactics of the administration,"
spokesman of the union Ramakant Mishra said.
The government staff decided to go on an indefinite
strike from today to protest against lathicharge on employees
during a demonstration here yesterday.
Meanwhile, the Congress too has demanded suspension of
the two officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon