Lucknow DM `slaps` govt employees
Lucknow: The Lucknow district magistrate
on Friday allegedly slapped some striking government staff during
inspection of various departments, evoking sharp reaction from
employees union which demanded stern action against him.
The incident occurred at Agriculture Directorate where DM
Amit Ghosh had gone along with some administration and police
officers to check presence of the employees following strike
call given by various unions.
Reacting sharply to the incident, the employees` union
leaders have demanded stern action against the DM and the DIG
"We condemn the incident and both the officers should be
placed under suspension by the government. The employees will
not buckle under pressure tactics of the administration,"
spokesman of the union Ramakant Mishra said.
The government staff decided to go on an indefinite
strike from today to protest against lathicharge on employees
during a demonstration here yesterday.
Meanwhile, the Congress too has demanded suspension of
the two officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi