Lucknow DM `slaps` govt employees
Lucknow: The Lucknow district magistrate
on Friday allegedly slapped some striking government staff during
inspection of various departments, evoking sharp reaction from
employees union which demanded stern action against him.
The incident occurred at Agriculture Directorate where DM
Amit Ghosh had gone along with some administration and police
officers to check presence of the employees following strike
call given by various unions.
Reacting sharply to the incident, the employees` union
leaders have demanded stern action against the DM and the DIG
"We condemn the incident and both the officers should be
placed under suspension by the government. The employees will
not buckle under pressure tactics of the administration,"
spokesman of the union Ramakant Mishra said.
The government staff decided to go on an indefinite
strike from today to protest against lathicharge on employees
during a demonstration here yesterday.
Meanwhile, the Congress too has demanded suspension of
the two officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan