Lucknow DM `slaps` govt employees
Lucknow: The Lucknow district magistrate
on Friday allegedly slapped some striking government staff during
inspection of various departments, evoking sharp reaction from
employees union which demanded stern action against him.
The incident occurred at Agriculture Directorate where DM
Amit Ghosh had gone along with some administration and police
officers to check presence of the employees following strike
call given by various unions.
Reacting sharply to the incident, the employees` union
leaders have demanded stern action against the DM and the DIG
"We condemn the incident and both the officers should be
placed under suspension by the government. The employees will
not buckle under pressure tactics of the administration,"
spokesman of the union Ramakant Mishra said.
The government staff decided to go on an indefinite
strike from today to protest against lathicharge on employees
during a demonstration here yesterday.
Meanwhile, the Congress too has demanded suspension of
the two officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!