Major fire in Moradabad brassware factory, no casualty
Moradabad: Goods worth several lakhs of rupees were gutted after a major fire broke out in a brassware factory in Moradabad town Thursday, officials said. No casualty was reported.
The fire engulfed the brassware factory in the industrial area of Majhola in Moradabad, some 300 km from state capital Lucknow.
"Within a few minutes of the fire breaking out, a major portion of the factory went up in flames. Eight fire tenders were pressed into service," Aman Sharma, chief fire officer (CFO) of Moradabad, told reporters.
"There were several workers inside the factory at the time of the incident. With the assistance of police, we managed to rescue all the employees who were trapped inside. The situation is under control now," he added.
According to police, the initial financial loss in the fire is being pegged at around Rs.30 lakh.
The cause of fire is not known yet, but firefighters believe it took place because of a gas leakage inside the factory.
Moradabad is famous around the world for its brassware.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living