Major fire in Moradabad brassware factory, no casualty
Moradabad: Goods worth several lakhs of rupees were gutted after a major fire broke out in a brassware factory in Moradabad town Thursday, officials said. No casualty was reported.
The fire engulfed the brassware factory in the industrial area of Majhola in Moradabad, some 300 km from state capital Lucknow.
"Within a few minutes of the fire breaking out, a major portion of the factory went up in flames. Eight fire tenders were pressed into service," Aman Sharma, chief fire officer (CFO) of Moradabad, told reporters.
"There were several workers inside the factory at the time of the incident. With the assistance of police, we managed to rescue all the employees who were trapped inside. The situation is under control now," he added.
According to police, the initial financial loss in the fire is being pegged at around Rs.30 lakh.
The cause of fire is not known yet, but firefighters believe it took place because of a gas leakage inside the factory.
Moradabad is famous around the world for its brassware.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery