Major fire in Moradabad brassware factory, no casualty
Moradabad: Goods worth several lakhs of rupees were gutted after a major fire broke out in a brassware factory in Moradabad town Thursday, officials said. No casualty was reported.
The fire engulfed the brassware factory in the industrial area of Majhola in Moradabad, some 300 km from state capital Lucknow.
"Within a few minutes of the fire breaking out, a major portion of the factory went up in flames. Eight fire tenders were pressed into service," Aman Sharma, chief fire officer (CFO) of Moradabad, told reporters.
"There were several workers inside the factory at the time of the incident. With the assistance of police, we managed to rescue all the employees who were trapped inside. The situation is under control now," he added.
According to police, the initial financial loss in the fire is being pegged at around Rs.30 lakh.
The cause of fire is not known yet, but firefighters believe it took place because of a gas leakage inside the factory.
Moradabad is famous around the world for its brassware.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price