Major fire in Moradabad brassware factory, no casualty
Moradabad: Goods worth several lakhs of rupees were gutted after a major fire broke out in a brassware factory in Moradabad town Thursday, officials said. No casualty was reported.
The fire engulfed the brassware factory in the industrial area of Majhola in Moradabad, some 300 km from state capital Lucknow.
"Within a few minutes of the fire breaking out, a major portion of the factory went up in flames. Eight fire tenders were pressed into service," Aman Sharma, chief fire officer (CFO) of Moradabad, told reporters.
"There were several workers inside the factory at the time of the incident. With the assistance of police, we managed to rescue all the employees who were trapped inside. The situation is under control now," he added.
According to police, the initial financial loss in the fire is being pegged at around Rs.30 lakh.
The cause of fire is not known yet, but firefighters believe it took place because of a gas leakage inside the factory.
Moradabad is famous around the world for its brassware.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what