Man arrested for raping, murdering minor
Agra: A 32-year-old man was on Saturday arrested in connection with the rape and murder of a seven-year-old girl, whose body was found at the house of a CRPF sub-inspector in Kachaura area here, police said.
Shailendra alias Chintu, who was arrested from Achhnera Road near the village where the incident took place, would be prosecuted under National Security Act along with murder and rape charges, SSP Agra Subhash Chandra Dubey said.
The victim was found lying in a pool of blood on the roof of the sub-inspector`s house with wire marks around her neck and it seemed her head had been crushed with a stone, police said.
Victim`s father, in his FIR, has alleged that Shailendra had asked the girl to come with him to help in some work while she was at the engagement ceremony, they said.
He raped the girl and then crushed her head with a stone causing her death, they said.
Locals informed that soon after the incident Shailendra and his family left the village in a truck with their belongings, police said.
Agra District Magistrate Zuhail Bin Sagir said action would be taken against Shailendra`s father, a panchayat officer, for misleading the police about his son.
Meanwhile the post mortem report of the minor confirmed that rape had been committed on her, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth