Man arrested for raping, murdering minor
Agra: A 32-year-old man was on Saturday arrested in connection with the rape and murder of a seven-year-old girl, whose body was found at the house of a CRPF sub-inspector in Kachaura area here, police said.
Shailendra alias Chintu, who was arrested from Achhnera Road near the village where the incident took place, would be prosecuted under National Security Act along with murder and rape charges, SSP Agra Subhash Chandra Dubey said.
The victim was found lying in a pool of blood on the roof of the sub-inspector`s house with wire marks around her neck and it seemed her head had been crushed with a stone, police said.
Victim`s father, in his FIR, has alleged that Shailendra had asked the girl to come with him to help in some work while she was at the engagement ceremony, they said.
He raped the girl and then crushed her head with a stone causing her death, they said.
Locals informed that soon after the incident Shailendra and his family left the village in a truck with their belongings, police said.
Agra District Magistrate Zuhail Bin Sagir said action would be taken against Shailendra`s father, a panchayat officer, for misleading the police about his son.
Meanwhile the post mortem report of the minor confirmed that rape had been committed on her, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow