Man arrested from Mumbai in UP minister attack case
Mumbai: A person wanted in connection with
bomb attack on Uttar Pradesh minister Nand Gopal Gupta `Nandi` was today arrested from the city, police said Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off, UP Special Task Force (STF) and
Crime Branch laid a trap and nabbed Anand Sandil from here,
Additional Police Commissioner (Crime) Deven Bharti told reporters,
while refusing to divulge further details.
On July 12 this year, an attack was carried out by
triggering an explosive device kept in a two-wheeler parked
near the minister`s residence in Allahabad in which two
persons, including a journalist, were killed.
Gupta was injured in the incident and he has recovered
now, police said.
The UP police has claimed to have arrested some
conspirators earlier in the case. Further probe is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi