Man arrested from Mumbai in UP minister attack case
Mumbai: A person wanted in connection with
bomb attack on Uttar Pradesh minister Nand Gopal Gupta `Nandi` was today arrested from the city, police said Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off, UP Special Task Force (STF) and
Crime Branch laid a trap and nabbed Anand Sandil from here,
Additional Police Commissioner (Crime) Deven Bharti told reporters,
while refusing to divulge further details.
On July 12 this year, an attack was carried out by
triggering an explosive device kept in a two-wheeler parked
near the minister`s residence in Allahabad in which two
persons, including a journalist, were killed.
Gupta was injured in the incident and he has recovered
now, police said.
The UP police has claimed to have arrested some
conspirators earlier in the case. Further probe is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?