Man arrested from Mumbai in UP minister attack case
Mumbai: A person wanted in connection with
bomb attack on Uttar Pradesh minister Nand Gopal Gupta `Nandi` was today arrested from the city, police said Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off, UP Special Task Force (STF) and
Crime Branch laid a trap and nabbed Anand Sandil from here,
Additional Police Commissioner (Crime) Deven Bharti told reporters,
while refusing to divulge further details.
On July 12 this year, an attack was carried out by
triggering an explosive device kept in a two-wheeler parked
near the minister`s residence in Allahabad in which two
persons, including a journalist, were killed.
Gupta was injured in the incident and he has recovered
now, police said.
The UP police has claimed to have arrested some
conspirators earlier in the case. Further probe is on.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Sharad Pawar endorses Nitish Kumar as face of united oppn, Congress stays mum
- Indian Mathematician mimics viruses to design smallest self-assembling structures
- TN polls: DMK promises metro rail service for Coimbatore
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt