Man arrested from Mumbai in UP minister attack case
Mumbai: A person wanted in connection with
bomb attack on Uttar Pradesh minister Nand Gopal Gupta `Nandi` was today arrested from the city, police said Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off, UP Special Task Force (STF) and
Crime Branch laid a trap and nabbed Anand Sandil from here,
Additional Police Commissioner (Crime) Deven Bharti told reporters,
while refusing to divulge further details.
On July 12 this year, an attack was carried out by
triggering an explosive device kept in a two-wheeler parked
near the minister`s residence in Allahabad in which two
persons, including a journalist, were killed.
Gupta was injured in the incident and he has recovered
now, police said.
The UP police has claimed to have arrested some
conspirators earlier in the case. Further probe is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners