Man arrested with five leopard skins
Pithoragarh: A man has been caught with five leopard skins and sent to jail under several sections of Wildlife Protection Act, a forest official said Monday.
Gopi, resident of Punjab, has been arrested last night under various sections of Wildlife Protection Act, said BS Almia, forest officer of Pithoragarh range.
According to Almia, the smuggler, who has claimed to have purchased these skins from local persons in Rs 8 to 10 thousands, has relations with Kanjar groups which are frequently traversing in Himalayan region in search of these hauls.
After investigation, the smuggler told the forest team that he has connection with other team members involved in the trade at Kotdwar, Nepal and other parts of Himalayan region, Almia said.
The culprit, who has been living at Rin Bichula village near the district headquarter under pretext of a blacksmith has over the years spread his contacts with local youths and persuaded them to kill wild animals, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview