Man gets 10-year RI for rape
Ghaziabad: A court on Tuesday sentenced a man
to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment on rape charges after he
refused to marry a girl with whom he had eloped.
Additional district and session judge Lal Bahadur also
imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 on Kusmuddin.
According to prosecution, the 26-year-old youth eloped
with the girl, a resident of Sahibabad, on July 20, 2009 and
kept her for one month in the city.
He later denied to marry the girl after establishing a
physical relationship with her.
The victim then filed a police complaint after which
the arrest took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon