Man gets 10-year RI for rape
Ghaziabad: A court on Tuesday sentenced a man
to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment on rape charges after he
refused to marry a girl with whom he had eloped.
Additional district and session judge Lal Bahadur also
imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 on Kusmuddin.
According to prosecution, the 26-year-old youth eloped
with the girl, a resident of Sahibabad, on July 20, 2009 and
kept her for one month in the city.
He later denied to marry the girl after establishing a
physical relationship with her.
The victim then filed a police complaint after which
the arrest took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- It was Lalu who pulled and hugged me, will continue to fight corruption, clarifies Arvind Kejriwal