Man gets 10-year RI for rape
Ghaziabad: A court on Tuesday sentenced a man
to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment on rape charges after he
refused to marry a girl with whom he had eloped.
Additional district and session judge Lal Bahadur also
imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 on Kusmuddin.
According to prosecution, the 26-year-old youth eloped
with the girl, a resident of Sahibabad, on July 20, 2009 and
kept her for one month in the city.
He later denied to marry the girl after establishing a
physical relationship with her.
The victim then filed a police complaint after which
the arrest took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Irrfan Khan wanted to make film on Mahasweta Devi's life
- Hard to digest! 90-year-old woman comes back to life at funeral, says she met 'Yamraj'
- Panasonic launches T44 lite smartphone at Rs 3,199
- Gold prices slumps by Rs 100 to 30,800 per ten grams
- Karnataka bandh tomorrow; film theatres to remain closed, protests grow – More details