Man kills daughter, dishonour killing suspected
Kanpur: In a suspected case of dishonour killing, a man was arrested on Thursday for allegedly murdering his daughter in the Shivrajpur area of this district, police said.
The incident took place early this morning in the Biramau village when Balram Pal, in a fit of rage, killed his daughter Akansha (18), senior police officer Alok Mani Tripathi said.
The girl went to meet one of her friends last night which offended the accused, as he was not keen on his daughter`s friendship with boys, following which he attacked her with a sharp-edged weapon leading to her death on the spot, he said.
Pal has been arrested and further investigations into the incident are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what