Man kills daughter, dishonour killing suspected
Kanpur: In a suspected case of dishonour killing, a man was arrested on Thursday for allegedly murdering his daughter in the Shivrajpur area of this district, police said.
The incident took place early this morning in the Biramau village when Balram Pal, in a fit of rage, killed his daughter Akansha (18), senior police officer Alok Mani Tripathi said.
The girl went to meet one of her friends last night which offended the accused, as he was not keen on his daughter`s friendship with boys, following which he attacked her with a sharp-edged weapon leading to her death on the spot, he said.
Pal has been arrested and further investigations into the incident are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news