Man kills daughter, dishonour killing suspected
Kanpur: In a suspected case of dishonour killing, a man was arrested on Thursday for allegedly murdering his daughter in the Shivrajpur area of this district, police said.
The incident took place early this morning in the Biramau village when Balram Pal, in a fit of rage, killed his daughter Akansha (18), senior police officer Alok Mani Tripathi said.
The girl went to meet one of her friends last night which offended the accused, as he was not keen on his daughter`s friendship with boys, following which he attacked her with a sharp-edged weapon leading to her death on the spot, he said.
Pal has been arrested and further investigations into the incident are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information