Man kills toddler son; attempts suicide
Mau (UP): Driven by superstition that his late father was haunting him, a 35-year-old man attempted suicide by jumping into a well alongwith his toddler son resulting in the death of the minor in Indara village, police said on Saturday.
Ajay Pandey had been claiming that he was being haunted by his father, who died three months ago, and jumped into the village well with his two-year-old son last night after his wife went to sleep, they said.
Though locals brought the two out, the boy could not be saved, they added.
According to SP Dinesh Kumar Dubey, the man looks to be mentally disturbed and is being sent for medical examination.
The body has been sent for post-mortem examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway