Man kills toddler son; attempts suicide
Mau (UP): Driven by superstition that his late father was haunting him, a 35-year-old man attempted suicide by jumping into a well alongwith his toddler son resulting in the death of the minor in Indara village, police said on Saturday.
Ajay Pandey had been claiming that he was being haunted by his father, who died three months ago, and jumped into the village well with his two-year-old son last night after his wife went to sleep, they said.
Though locals brought the two out, the boy could not be saved, they added.
According to SP Dinesh Kumar Dubey, the man looks to be mentally disturbed and is being sent for medical examination.
The body has been sent for post-mortem examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!