Man sentenced to life term for raping teenaged girl
Badaun: A local court sentenced a man to life imprisonment and imposed a penalty of Rs 1.14 lakh on him for enticing and raping a teenaged girl.
In January 2010, the victim`s father lodged an FIR at Sadar police station against the accused Bunty for enticing his 15-year-old daughter and raping her, additional district government counsel Gyan Swaroop Gupta said.
After hearing both the parties additional district judge (six) S N Tripathi held Bunty guilty yesterday, he said.
The court ordered that 70 percent of the penalty amount should be given to the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam