Man sentenced to life term for raping teenaged girl
Badaun: A local court sentenced a man to life imprisonment and imposed a penalty of Rs 1.14 lakh on him for enticing and raping a teenaged girl.
In January 2010, the victim`s father lodged an FIR at Sadar police station against the accused Bunty for enticing his 15-year-old daughter and raping her, additional district government counsel Gyan Swaroop Gupta said.
After hearing both the parties additional district judge (six) S N Tripathi held Bunty guilty yesterday, he said.
The court ordered that 70 percent of the penalty amount should be given to the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened