Man sentenced to life term for raping teenaged girl
Badaun: A local court sentenced a man to life imprisonment and imposed a penalty of Rs 1.14 lakh on him for enticing and raping a teenaged girl.
In January 2010, the victim`s father lodged an FIR at Sadar police station against the accused Bunty for enticing his 15-year-old daughter and raping her, additional district government counsel Gyan Swaroop Gupta said.
After hearing both the parties additional district judge (six) S N Tripathi held Bunty guilty yesterday, he said.
The court ordered that 70 percent of the penalty amount should be given to the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire