Man shot dead wife`s brother over dowry demand
Bareilly: A man shot dead his wife`s brother
after his dowry demand was not met in Uttar Pradesh`s Pilibhit
district, police said here on Thursday.
The incident took place yesterday at Mohammad Farooq
area. The man identified as Brijesh shot at his brother-in-
law Vikky after he expressed his inability to fulfill his
dowry demand, they said.
Vikky was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was
declared brought dead, police said, adding that search is on
to nab the accused who fled after committing the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon