Mayawati announces Rs 6,035 cr worth schemes
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati
on Sunday unveiled 484 schemes worth Rs 6,035 crores on the death
anniversary of BSP founder Kanshi Ram.
After paying floral tributes to the BSP leader at the
memorial, constructed on 86 acre with a built-up area of over
10,000 sq mt, she laid the foundation stone and dedicated to
public various development projects.
The schemes are meant for water supply, sewerage and
drainage projects worth Rs 2105.56 crore and Rs 2,344 crore project for power sector, which included laying down
foundation stones of 26 transmission sub-stations with a cost
of Rs 1766.37 crore.
The launch of these schemes comes barely a few months
ahead of the Assembly elections in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!