Mayawati announces Rs 6,035 cr worth schemes
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati
on Sunday unveiled 484 schemes worth Rs 6,035 crores on the death
anniversary of BSP founder Kanshi Ram.
After paying floral tributes to the BSP leader at the
memorial, constructed on 86 acre with a built-up area of over
10,000 sq mt, she laid the foundation stone and dedicated to
public various development projects.
The schemes are meant for water supply, sewerage and
drainage projects worth Rs 2105.56 crore and Rs 2,344 crore project for power sector, which included laying down
foundation stones of 26 transmission sub-stations with a cost
of Rs 1766.37 crore.
The launch of these schemes comes barely a few months
ahead of the Assembly elections in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid