Mayawati favouring only her own caste: Paswan
Lucknow: Lok Janshakti Party leader Ram
Vilas Paswan on Friday accused Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati of discriminating among Dalits, saying she favoured
only her own caste while the rest suffered.
"The Dalit ki beti is favouring only members of her
caste while the condition of other castes such as Balmiki,
Khatik and Pasi among others has deteriorated," Paswan who
was here to attend a function told newspersons.
Noting that Dalit ideologue Bhim Rao Ambedkar had
never discriminated among the castes, he said, "All her claims
of working for the Dalits are an eyewash."
The maximum number of cases of atrocities against
Dalits have been reported from UP, he said.
To a question on the assets declared by the BSP chief
while filing nomination for the Vidhan Parishad, Paswan said,
"She needs to tell as to how she acquired these assets."
The LJP leader said after the completion of Bihar
Assembly elections, he would concentrate on Uttar Pradesh
and strengthen the party for contesting the next assembly
elections in the state in 2012 in alliance with the RJD and
possibly Samajwadi Party.
To a question on the new-found friendship between the
Samajwadi Party and Congress, he said he was not aware of it.
To fight casteism, Paswan suggested encouraging inter
caste marriages and giving some facility in the form of
reservation for it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea