Mayawati should resign on moral grounds: BJP
Lucknow: Slamming the ruling BSP for
failing to provide security to women in Uttar Pradesh, the
state unit of BJP on Tuesday demanded resignation of Chief Minister
"Contrary to claims and counter claims, BSP government
has failed to provide security to women and girls in Uttar
Pradesh... There is an environment of fear and terror in the
state," state president Surya Pratap Shahi told reporters
"Chief Minister Mayawati has lost right to continue in
the power and she should immediately resign on the moral
grounds," he said.
Referring to recent cases of rapes and murders, he
alleged that the government has lost control over police and
law and order situation.
On Mayawati`s announcement to launch a month-long
campaign, Shahi said that when she had failed to perform in
the last four years, what she would do in a month time.
Taking a dig at the CM for accusing the previous
government for poor law and order situation in the state, he
said that Mayawati had become the chief minister for the
fourth time and has even completed four years in the office.
Shahi said that to protest against increasing
incidents of rapes and murders, BJP Mahila Morcha would take
out a procession from Kaisarbagh to Raj Bhawan in which senior
leaders would participate.
He said that if given time, a delegation would meet
Governor B L Joshi and submit a memorandum on the law and
order situation and demand constitutional action against the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day