Mayawati should resign on moral grounds: BJP
Lucknow: Slamming the ruling BSP for
failing to provide security to women in Uttar Pradesh, the
state unit of BJP on Tuesday demanded resignation of Chief Minister
"Contrary to claims and counter claims, BSP government
has failed to provide security to women and girls in Uttar
Pradesh... There is an environment of fear and terror in the
state," state president Surya Pratap Shahi told reporters
"Chief Minister Mayawati has lost right to continue in
the power and she should immediately resign on the moral
grounds," he said.
Referring to recent cases of rapes and murders, he
alleged that the government has lost control over police and
law and order situation.
On Mayawati`s announcement to launch a month-long
campaign, Shahi said that when she had failed to perform in
the last four years, what she would do in a month time.
Taking a dig at the CM for accusing the previous
government for poor law and order situation in the state, he
said that Mayawati had become the chief minister for the
fourth time and has even completed four years in the office.
Shahi said that to protest against increasing
incidents of rapes and murders, BJP Mahila Morcha would take
out a procession from Kaisarbagh to Raj Bhawan in which senior
leaders would participate.
He said that if given time, a delegation would meet
Governor B L Joshi and submit a memorandum on the law and
order situation and demand constitutional action against the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials