Mayawati slams SP for wooing tainted Kushwaha`s kin
Lucknow: Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati on Sunday said that her party would stick to its demand for President`s Rule in the state even as she slammed the ruling Samajwadi Party for inducting into its fold the kin of a tainted former BSP minister.
"Our party did not spare even old workers or ministers whenever corruption was detected and they were expelled from the party, besides having a high-level inquiry held against them," Mayawati told reporters here.
She was referring to the move yesterday by SP to extend membership to the wife and brother of former BSP minister Babu Singh Kushwaha who was expelled from BSP. The former minister is currently in jail in connection with a scam.
The BSP supremo said that SP was not bothered about the allegations of corruption against Kushwaha.
"Instead, SP is concerned about its personal interest," she alleged, adding that with such people as its members, corruption could never end in SP government.
Mayawati further alleged that the SP government was pursuing a political vendetta to harass opposition members.
Mayawati said that in April, BSP had submitted a memorandum to the Governor requesting him to recommend President`s Rule in the state.
"No concrete step was taken in this direction and we repeat our demand to the Governor," she said.
"In the interest of the people the party will continue to repeat the demand in every press conference and programme till the time it is accepted," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city