Mayawati slams SP for wooing tainted Kushwaha`s kin
Lucknow: Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati on Sunday said that her party would stick to its demand for President`s Rule in the state even as she slammed the ruling Samajwadi Party for inducting into its fold the kin of a tainted former BSP minister.
"Our party did not spare even old workers or ministers whenever corruption was detected and they were expelled from the party, besides having a high-level inquiry held against them," Mayawati told reporters here.
She was referring to the move yesterday by SP to extend membership to the wife and brother of former BSP minister Babu Singh Kushwaha who was expelled from BSP. The former minister is currently in jail in connection with a scam.
The BSP supremo said that SP was not bothered about the allegations of corruption against Kushwaha.
"Instead, SP is concerned about its personal interest," she alleged, adding that with such people as its members, corruption could never end in SP government.
Mayawati further alleged that the SP government was pursuing a political vendetta to harass opposition members.
Mayawati said that in April, BSP had submitted a memorandum to the Governor requesting him to recommend President`s Rule in the state.
"No concrete step was taken in this direction and we repeat our demand to the Governor," she said.
"In the interest of the people the party will continue to repeat the demand in every press conference and programme till the time it is accepted," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers