Minor girl raped in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: An eight-year-old girl was
allegedly raped by an unidentified youth in Mohan Nagar area here when she was returning from a local market, police said Friday.
According to a complaint filed by the victim`s father,
she returned home last night with blood stained clothes and a
battered face, SSP Raghubir Lal said.
The victim told her father that she was brutally
assaulted after being raped, prompting him to report the
matter at the Sahibabad police station, the SSP said.
The victim was admitted to Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital for
a medical checkup, Lal said.
FIR against unknown person under sections 364 (kidnapping
or abducting in order to murder) and 376 (punishment for rape)
of the IPC was registered, he added.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi