Mulayam asks party workers to brace for 2014 polls
Lucknow: Eyeing 2014 Parliamentary polls, Samajwadi Party patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav today exhorted party workers to channelise their energies for the upcoming battle to help party emerge stronger at the Centre.
"We have to emerge stronger at the Centre. In case, we win 60 plus seats no government can be formed without our support," an SP release quoting Mulayam as telling party workers said here.
"If we have an SP government both in the state and at the Centre, better development of UP can be ensured," Mulayam said.
Interacting with party workers and leaders, he asked them to start preparations for 2014 Lok Sabha elections, the release said.
Mulayam said ministers and MLAs should take more interest in solving problems of their respective areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way