Mulayam asks son Akhilesh to show some action
Etawah: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Monday asked his son and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to "penalise officials not working properly" in order to gain favour of the people and ensure that the party wins maximum seats in the Lok Sabha elections.
Addressing a convention of panchayat representatives at Sefai, Mulayam said that the time has come to penalise the officers who were working properly.
The SP supremo recalled that during his Chief Ministership he suspended three district magistrates after which the rest fell in line.
Claiming that there was a good chance for SP to gain favour of the people in ensuring maximum seats in Lok Sabha, Mulayam said the situation should be such that no government could be formed without it.
Once SP came to power, he promised that welfare schemes, similar to those in UP, would be launched across India, and those encroaching on the boundaries of the country would be reined in.
On BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, he said BJP would get more seats because of him, but would not be able to form the government at the Centre on its own.
Scoffing at BJP for its inability in controlling price rise, Mulayam said it could be done only by the SP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read