Mulayam Singh Yadav may visit Muzaffarnagar today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav is likely to visit riot-hit Muzaffarnagar area on Sunday.
Mulayam`s visit to Muzaffarnagar will take place barely days before the upcoming polls and around seven months after riots in the area claimed over 60 lives last year.
The UP government was also severely criticised for handling of the riots which displaced 40,000 people last year and organising `Saifai Mahotsava` at a time when the riot victims did not have basic facilities.
The senior SP leader will be contesting elections from Mainpuri and Azamgarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Union Cabinet clears Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 – Know the new rules
- 6.8 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar; tremors felt in northeast, Kolkata, Patna, Guwahati
- Did OP Jaisha lie about official apathy in Rio? Here is her co-runner's version
- Can bear body odour, not bad breath: Ranveer Singh
- Tamil actor Vijay's father undergoes surgery after fall