Muzaffarnagar riots: UP jailor in soup for greeting BJP MLA
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: The jailor of Jalaun prison was on Sunday caught on camera greeting BJP MLA Sangeet Som with his hands folded.
Som was arrested for allegedly inciting communal violence in Muzaffarnagar.
Video footage showed the jailor, LP Singh, who was in plain clothes, greeting the BJP leader as he was walked into the jail premises in Jalaun district.
A couple of other policemen standing there were also caught on camera welcoming Som with a salute.
Uttar Pradesh BJP legislators, Som and Suresh Rana, were arrested after a court issued a warrant against them.
Bahujan Samaj Party legislator Noor Salim Rana has also been arrested in connection with the riots.
Communal violence in Muzaffarnagar earlier this month has left more than 45 people dead and hundreds have fled their homes in fear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'