Muzaffarnagar riots: UP jailor in soup for greeting BJP MLA
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: The jailor of Jalaun prison was on Sunday caught on camera greeting BJP MLA Sangeet Som with his hands folded.
Som was arrested for allegedly inciting communal violence in Muzaffarnagar.
Video footage showed the jailor, LP Singh, who was in plain clothes, greeting the BJP leader as he was walked into the jail premises in Jalaun district.
A couple of other policemen standing there were also caught on camera welcoming Som with a salute.
Uttar Pradesh BJP legislators, Som and Suresh Rana, were arrested after a court issued a warrant against them.
Bahujan Samaj Party legislator Noor Salim Rana has also been arrested in connection with the riots.
Communal violence in Muzaffarnagar earlier this month has left more than 45 people dead and hundreds have fled their homes in fear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note