Muzaffarnagar teacher allegedly gang-raped, filmed by three youths
Zee Media Bureau
Muzaffarnagar: A 23-year-old teacher of Balwakheri village under Charthawal police station in the district was allegedly gang-raped by three youths who filmed the act and threatened to leak the video, police said on Sunday.
The rape survivor told a news channel that the prime accused Mohit accosted her when she was returning home after giving tuition to her students on Saturday.
The accused, she said, pulled her into a desolate house and called the other accused — Sorabh and Vipin— over the phone.
She mentioned in her statement that while Mohit raped her the other two filmed the incident.
Circle Officer Karamvir Singh confirmed the incident and said that the accused had threatened the girl with dire consequences if she revealed the incident to anyone.
The girl`s father lodged an FIR against the accused, police said, adding a case has been registered against them.
The three accused are college students have been charged of rape and charges under the IT act and arrested.
The victim has been sent for medical examination and investigations are on.
With PTI Inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference