NCC cadet left blinded after beating by trainers
Bulandshahar (UP): An NCC cadet was allegedly blinded after his trainers beat him following an altercation during a training session here, police said.
The NCC has been holding a training camp at Swatantra Bharat Inter-College ground in B B Nagar since July 23, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Gulab Singh said.
"A contest was held last evening during a drill exercise, in which Rahul, a 2nd year BA student, a native of Harwanpur village had won," Singh said.
Rahul had an altercation with two trainers before the contest, the SSP said, adding that after the event they had beaten him with a belt which left him blind.
The NCC cadet was admitted in a critical condition at the district hospital which referred him to a city hospital for further treatment.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Vijay Mallya says in forced exile, no plans to return to India
- Now, 'Find Time' for your meetings using Google Calendar
- Cancel your train ticket on phone or via SMS through these easy steps
- Not getting visa? This Balaji temple can help you fly abroad
- Rahul Gandhi visits ailing Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS