Newly-wed couple seeks police protection in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A newly-wed couple,
belonging to different communities, has sought police
protection after they were threatened by the girl`s family
Durgesh and Anisa Begum alais Sonia, both residents of
Khatoli town in the district, belong to different communities.
The couple eloped after their families opposed the alliance
and got married against their parents` wishes yesterday.
The couple has been provided police protection by the
district authorities following their request, District
Magistrate Santosh Kumar said today.
Meanwhile, the girl`s family members are staging a
protest outside the boy`s house demanding their daughter back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Urjit Patel as new RBI head to ensure continuity: Mundra
- Manipur tribals to observe unity day on Aug 31
- India is 7th wealthiest country in the world, ahead of Canada, Australia and Italy
- SHOCKING! Heads of Moroccan Islamist movement caught having sex on the beach
- Saturn's moon Dione reveals its contrasting features to NASA's Cassini! - See pic