Newly-wed couple seeks police protection in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A newly-wed couple,
belonging to different communities, has sought police
protection after they were threatened by the girl`s family
Durgesh and Anisa Begum alais Sonia, both residents of
Khatoli town in the district, belong to different communities.
The couple eloped after their families opposed the alliance
and got married against their parents` wishes yesterday.
The couple has been provided police protection by the
district authorities following their request, District
Magistrate Santosh Kumar said today.
Meanwhile, the girl`s family members are staging a
protest outside the boy`s house demanding their daughter back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack