Newly-wed couple seeks police protection in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A newly-wed couple,
belonging to different communities, has sought police
protection after they were threatened by the girl`s family
Durgesh and Anisa Begum alais Sonia, both residents of
Khatoli town in the district, belong to different communities.
The couple eloped after their families opposed the alliance
and got married against their parents` wishes yesterday.
The couple has been provided police protection by the
district authorities following their request, District
Magistrate Santosh Kumar said today.
Meanwhile, the girl`s family members are staging a
protest outside the boy`s house demanding their daughter back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outline solutions, don't become roadblock to progressive democracy: BJP tells Mamata
- After Virat Kohli, time for Anil Kumble to work with MS Dhoni - Here's what Jumbo said..
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!