Newly-wed couple seeks police protection in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A newly-wed couple,
belonging to different communities, has sought police
protection after they were threatened by the girl`s family
Durgesh and Anisa Begum alais Sonia, both residents of
Khatoli town in the district, belong to different communities.
The couple eloped after their families opposed the alliance
and got married against their parents` wishes yesterday.
The couple has been provided police protection by the
district authorities following their request, District
Magistrate Santosh Kumar said today.
Meanwhile, the girl`s family members are staging a
protest outside the boy`s house demanding their daughter back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital