NHRC notice to UP over minor girl`s death
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has issued notice to Uttar Pradesh government over the death of a four-year-old girl due to alleged medical negligence.
Acting on media reports, the commission asked the UP director general of health services to file a report within four weeks, said an NHRC statement.
The media reports said the girl from a village in Hathras was suffering from abdominal pain and was also vomiting. Her condition deteriorated after she was administered some medicine prescribed by a quack.
Her family members took her to a district hospital in Aligarh where she was denied first aid because of which she died minutes later.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!