NHRC notice to UP over minor girl`s death
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has issued notice to Uttar Pradesh government over the death of a four-year-old girl due to alleged medical negligence.
Acting on media reports, the commission asked the UP director general of health services to file a report within four weeks, said an NHRC statement.
The media reports said the girl from a village in Hathras was suffering from abdominal pain and was also vomiting. Her condition deteriorated after she was administered some medicine prescribed by a quack.
Her family members took her to a district hospital in Aligarh where she was denied first aid because of which she died minutes later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security