Nigerians scuffle with villagers in Greater Noida
Greater Noida: A group of Nigerian nationals allegedly barged into houses in a Greater Noida village and bashed up some villagers, police said Tuesday.
The scuffle took place Monday when armed Nigerians allegedly created ruckus in Chuhudpur village and barged into some of the houses.
Police said villagers demonstrated at the Kasna police station and blockaded the police station, protesting the attack.
The villagers demanded the arrest of the foreign nationals, who, they said, live in Media village and Vrinda society of Greater Noida.
Five Nigerian nationals have been named for the incident.
Villagers told police that the two sides had a verbal spat a few days back over bargaining for some goods and the Nigerians came to seek revenge Monday.
A case was registered and police are verifying the allegations after which the arrests could be made, an official told IANS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?