Nigerians scuffle with villagers in Greater Noida
Greater Noida: A group of Nigerian nationals allegedly barged into houses in a Greater Noida village and bashed up some villagers, police said Tuesday.
The scuffle took place Monday when armed Nigerians allegedly created ruckus in Chuhudpur village and barged into some of the houses.
Police said villagers demonstrated at the Kasna police station and blockaded the police station, protesting the attack.
The villagers demanded the arrest of the foreign nationals, who, they said, live in Media village and Vrinda society of Greater Noida.
Five Nigerian nationals have been named for the incident.
Villagers told police that the two sides had a verbal spat a few days back over bargaining for some goods and the Nigerians came to seek revenge Monday.
A case was registered and police are verifying the allegations after which the arrests could be made, an official told IANS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read