Nigerians scuffle with villagers in Greater Noida
Greater Noida: A group of Nigerian nationals allegedly barged into houses in a Greater Noida village and bashed up some villagers, police said Tuesday.
The scuffle took place Monday when armed Nigerians allegedly created ruckus in Chuhudpur village and barged into some of the houses.
Police said villagers demonstrated at the Kasna police station and blockaded the police station, protesting the attack.
The villagers demanded the arrest of the foreign nationals, who, they said, live in Media village and Vrinda society of Greater Noida.
Five Nigerian nationals have been named for the incident.
Villagers told police that the two sides had a verbal spat a few days back over bargaining for some goods and the Nigerians came to seek revenge Monday.
A case was registered and police are verifying the allegations after which the arrests could be made, an official told IANS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand