Nigerians scuffle with villagers in Greater Noida
Greater Noida: A group of Nigerian nationals allegedly barged into houses in a Greater Noida village and bashed up some villagers, police said Tuesday.
The scuffle took place Monday when armed Nigerians allegedly created ruckus in Chuhudpur village and barged into some of the houses.
Police said villagers demonstrated at the Kasna police station and blockaded the police station, protesting the attack.
The villagers demanded the arrest of the foreign nationals, who, they said, live in Media village and Vrinda society of Greater Noida.
Five Nigerian nationals have been named for the incident.
Villagers told police that the two sides had a verbal spat a few days back over bargaining for some goods and the Nigerians came to seek revenge Monday.
A case was registered and police are verifying the allegations after which the arrests could be made, an official told IANS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP