No dearth of leaders in Samajwadi Party: Shivpal on Jat leader Sompal
Lucknow: Unfazed by SP Jat leader refusing to contest Lok Sabha polls from Baghpat under the Samajwadi Party`s banner, SP leader Shivpal Yadav on Sunday said there is no dearth of members in the party to fight elections.
"There is no dearth of leaders in the party to contest elections," Yadav said.
Jat leader Sompal Shastri, nominated by SP as its Lok Sabha election candidate from Baghpat constituency, yesterday refused to contest the polls under SP banner, accusing the party of failing to control violence in Muzaffarnagar.
Meanwhile, former MLA Imran Masood joined the party today in the presence of Yadav.
Masood, who left Congress in March, is a nephew of Congress working committee member Rashid Masood.
Welcoming him in the party, Shivpal said his joining would strengthen the party in western UP, especially in Muzaffarnagar, Saharanpur and Haridwar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason