No dearth of leaders in Samajwadi Party: Shivpal on Jat leader Sompal
Lucknow: Unfazed by SP Jat leader refusing to contest Lok Sabha polls from Baghpat under the Samajwadi Party`s banner, SP leader Shivpal Yadav on Sunday said there is no dearth of members in the party to fight elections.
"There is no dearth of leaders in the party to contest elections," Yadav said.
Jat leader Sompal Shastri, nominated by SP as its Lok Sabha election candidate from Baghpat constituency, yesterday refused to contest the polls under SP banner, accusing the party of failing to control violence in Muzaffarnagar.
Meanwhile, former MLA Imran Masood joined the party today in the presence of Yadav.
Masood, who left Congress in March, is a nephew of Congress working committee member Rashid Masood.
Welcoming him in the party, Shivpal said his joining would strengthen the party in western UP, especially in Muzaffarnagar, Saharanpur and Haridwar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why