No security for people in UP, says Rahul
Amethi: Raising the issue of law and order
in Uttar Pradesh where a spate of rape cases have been
reported recently, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday alleged
that there was no security for the common man in the state
which was hampering its development.
"There are certain things lacking in UP including
security. Rape cases are taking place in the state," Rahul
said after laying the foundation stone of a CRPF centre here.
On Monday Rahul had visited three rape victims in
Banda, Kanpur and Sultanpur districts, which had drawn
criticism from the ruling BSP with state Parliamentary Affairs
Minister Lalji Verma asking why the Congress leader "did not
see similar incidents in other states".
Claiming that the environment for development was
lacking in UP, Rahul said he did not agree with the refrain
that "people of the state do not work".
"I slightly differ, people in UP work, but certain
things like security, industry, health and education are
lacking and without them nothing much can be done," he said.
The Congress leader said that when people from UP go
to Maharashtra and Delhi, they get an environment -- health
facilities, education and security- to work for development.
"Unless and until this kind of environment is created,
UP cannot head forward rapidly. Our target is to provide such
an environment to the people of the state," the AICC general
Rahul said that if this target is achieved, UP will
lead the country in the future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- 'Taliban strike sign of US exasperation with Pak's duplicity'
- Man arrested over Australia `terror` plot
- WATCH: Hazel Keech cheered from stands as Yuvraj Singh rediscovered form during SRH vs KKR match
- Separated Indian, Pakistani siblings meet in UAE after 48 yrs
- CPI(M) leader Sushanta Ghosh slapped in West Bengal court premises