Noida: Doctor shot at, in critical condition
Noida: An elderly doctor, practising at home after retiring from his job with the railways, was shot by an unidentified assailant inside his house in Noida on Friday, police said. He is battling for his life in a hospital in Noida.
According to Senior Superintendent of Police Praveen Kumar, Bhanu Pratap Srivastava was shot around 8 pm inside his Sector 26 A block house by an assailant who had entered on the pretext of getting himself checked.
Srivastava, who had retired as chief medical superintendent (CMS) from the railways about 20 years back, lived with his wife in Noida and was running a small clinic outside the house.
The man, who arrived on a motorcycle, was sent to the clinic. As Srivastava came there and began checking his pulse, the man took out a pistol and shot him.
The bullet hit Srivastava in his neck. He was taken to the Kailash Hospital where his condition was stated to be serious. He was struggling for life in the ICU.
"Since the intruder was masked, he could be known to the victim. There could be personal enmity, though we are investigating into the matter," the SSP said.
The doctor, who also ran a charitable trust, has two sons residing abroad and a daughter settled in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees