Noida: Doctor shot at, in critical condition
Noida: An elderly doctor, practising at home after retiring from his job with the railways, was shot by an unidentified assailant inside his house in Noida on Friday, police said. He is battling for his life in a hospital in Noida.
According to Senior Superintendent of Police Praveen Kumar, Bhanu Pratap Srivastava was shot around 8 pm inside his Sector 26 A block house by an assailant who had entered on the pretext of getting himself checked.
Srivastava, who had retired as chief medical superintendent (CMS) from the railways about 20 years back, lived with his wife in Noida and was running a small clinic outside the house.
The man, who arrived on a motorcycle, was sent to the clinic. As Srivastava came there and began checking his pulse, the man took out a pistol and shot him.
The bullet hit Srivastava in his neck. He was taken to the Kailash Hospital where his condition was stated to be serious. He was struggling for life in the ICU.
"Since the intruder was masked, he could be known to the victim. There could be personal enmity, though we are investigating into the matter," the SSP said.
The doctor, who also ran a charitable trust, has two sons residing abroad and a daughter settled in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre