NRHM scam: CBI officials raid CMO office in Jaunpu
Jaunpur: A four-member CBI team on Monday raided the CMO office here in connection with the multi crore NRHM scam and questioned ten ASHA (accredited social health activists) workers.
The CBI team arrived here this morning and questioned ten workers posted in Karanjakala, Sikrara and other blocks besides going through various documents, sources said.
Earlier, the premier investigative agency has raided the local CMO office thrice, they said, adding that besides other officials and employees, two to three former CMOs of the district are said to be involved in the scam.
The agency has taken up investigation of NRHM scam on the orders of the Allahabad High Court on November 15, 2011 which had directed the agency to carry out Preliminary Enquiry on utilisation of central funds allocated to Uttar Pradesh under the National Rural Health Mission during 2005-06.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers