NRHM scam: CBI officials raid CMO office in Jaunpu
Jaunpur: A four-member CBI team on Monday raided the CMO office here in connection with the multi crore NRHM scam and questioned ten ASHA (accredited social health activists) workers.
The CBI team arrived here this morning and questioned ten workers posted in Karanjakala, Sikrara and other blocks besides going through various documents, sources said.
Earlier, the premier investigative agency has raided the local CMO office thrice, they said, adding that besides other officials and employees, two to three former CMOs of the district are said to be involved in the scam.
The agency has taken up investigation of NRHM scam on the orders of the Allahabad High Court on November 15, 2011 which had directed the agency to carry out Preliminary Enquiry on utilisation of central funds allocated to Uttar Pradesh under the National Rural Health Mission during 2005-06.
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead