NRHM scam: CBI officials raid CMO office in Jaunpu
Jaunpur: A four-member CBI team on Monday raided the CMO office here in connection with the multi crore NRHM scam and questioned ten ASHA (accredited social health activists) workers.
The CBI team arrived here this morning and questioned ten workers posted in Karanjakala, Sikrara and other blocks besides going through various documents, sources said.
Earlier, the premier investigative agency has raided the local CMO office thrice, they said, adding that besides other officials and employees, two to three former CMOs of the district are said to be involved in the scam.
The agency has taken up investigation of NRHM scam on the orders of the Allahabad High Court on November 15, 2011 which had directed the agency to carry out Preliminary Enquiry on utilisation of central funds allocated to Uttar Pradesh under the National Rural Health Mission during 2005-06.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'