NRHM scam: CBI officials raid CMO office in Jaunpu
Jaunpur: A four-member CBI team on Monday raided the CMO office here in connection with the multi crore NRHM scam and questioned ten ASHA (accredited social health activists) workers.
The CBI team arrived here this morning and questioned ten workers posted in Karanjakala, Sikrara and other blocks besides going through various documents, sources said.
Earlier, the premier investigative agency has raided the local CMO office thrice, they said, adding that besides other officials and employees, two to three former CMOs of the district are said to be involved in the scam.
The agency has taken up investigation of NRHM scam on the orders of the Allahabad High Court on November 15, 2011 which had directed the agency to carry out Preliminary Enquiry on utilisation of central funds allocated to Uttar Pradesh under the National Rural Health Mission during 2005-06.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried