NRHM scam: CBI officials raid CMO office in Jaunpu
Jaunpur: A four-member CBI team on Monday raided the CMO office here in connection with the multi crore NRHM scam and questioned ten ASHA (accredited social health activists) workers.
The CBI team arrived here this morning and questioned ten workers posted in Karanjakala, Sikrara and other blocks besides going through various documents, sources said.
Earlier, the premier investigative agency has raided the local CMO office thrice, they said, adding that besides other officials and employees, two to three former CMOs of the district are said to be involved in the scam.
The agency has taken up investigation of NRHM scam on the orders of the Allahabad High Court on November 15, 2011 which had directed the agency to carry out Preliminary Enquiry on utilisation of central funds allocated to Uttar Pradesh under the National Rural Health Mission during 2005-06.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way