NSA invoked against BSP leader for rioting
Bareilly: The district administration has invoked National Security Act against BSP leader lodged in jail for his alleged involvement in riots in the city last month.
"NSA has been invoked against BSP leader Acchan Ansari lodged in the district jail", police said here.
Ansari was arrested on Friday for his alleged involvement in riots that took place on August 11 here during Janmashtami procession and was made main accused in the incident, they said.
He was granted bail by the court and was to be released yesterday evening but before that NSA was invoked on him, they said.
District Magistrate Abhishek Prakash confirmed that NSA has been invoked against Ansari and said an action plan had been prepared to avoid riots in the district in future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley