NSA invoked against BSP leader for rioting
Bareilly: The district administration has invoked National Security Act against BSP leader lodged in jail for his alleged involvement in riots in the city last month.
"NSA has been invoked against BSP leader Acchan Ansari lodged in the district jail", police said here.
Ansari was arrested on Friday for his alleged involvement in riots that took place on August 11 here during Janmashtami procession and was made main accused in the incident, they said.
He was granted bail by the court and was to be released yesterday evening but before that NSA was invoked on him, they said.
District Magistrate Abhishek Prakash confirmed that NSA has been invoked against Ansari and said an action plan had been prepared to avoid riots in the district in future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read