One killed in clash over sand lifting
Muzaffarnagar: One person was allegedly shot dead and two injured in firing when two groups clashed over sand lifting at Issopur Khurkan village in Shamli district on the Haryana-UP border, police said.
The incident took place yesterday when a farmer Jamshed opposed Hanif, a member of the sand mafiya, from illegally lifting sand from his fields, police said.
Jamshed and Hanif had a confrontation which turned violent in which the former was killed and two others were injured, police said.
Tension prevailed in the area after the incident and police has been deployed to control the situation. Three mafiya members Jabbar, Furkan and Irfan have also been arrested in this connection, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal