Opposition criticises UP govt for scrapping popular schemes
Lucknow: Opposition parties today criticised the Uttar Pradesh government for discontinuing laptop distribution and unemployment allowance schemes in the state budget, tabled in the Assembly today.
"The SP government had launched these schemes spending lakhs and crores of public money only with the aim of getting votes in the Lok Sabha elections but now that people have not voted for it, the government has scrapped them," Leader of Opposition and BSP leader Swami Prasad Maurya said here.
"As the SP failed to gain from these schemes in the Lok Sabha elections and people have not voted for them, the government has abruptly scrapped the schemes," Maurya alleged.
BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said the budget presented today reflects the frustration of the Samajwadi Party following its dismal performance in the Lok Sabha elections.
"The drubbing at the hustings has frustrated the SP government which has now resorted to scrapping the populist schemes," Pathak said, adding "today`s step is like teaching a lesson to the public for not voting for the SP candidates."
Leader of Congress Legislature Party Pradip Mathur said as laptop distribution and unemployment allowance have not worked for the ruling party and as their design failed to reap political dividends, the government has stopped them all of a sudden.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!