Philosophical answer costs UP Secy (Home) his job
Lucknow: Secretary (Home) of Uttar Pradesh government on Wednesday stirred a row after he brushed of a reporter`s query about the death of four of family in a lighter vein, saying "birth is the reason behind the death".
During home briefing, when reporters asked Secretary R N Upadhyaya about the motive behind Sonbhadra incident, in which a man committed suicide allegedly after killing his three children over family discord on Tuesday night, he quoted an incident related to Gautam Buddha and laughed loudly.
Taking the matter seriously, the UP government removed Upadhyaya from the post and put him on the wait list.
In reply to the reporter`s query, the Secretary (Home) had said, "Once Buddha asked what was the cause of death. One person replied old age on which he replied that even young people die.
Upadhyaya said that another person replied illness on which Buddha said that even medically fit people die.
"Then people asked Buddha about the reason and he said birth," he said.
"Janm hi mrityu ka karan hai, aur aap pooch rahein hai mrityu ka karan kya hai.(Birth is the reason of the death and you people are asking reason behind the death)," he said and laughed out loudly.
"Upadhyaya has been transferred and put on the wait list," an official spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI — As it happened...
- Special session of Goa Assembly to ratify GST on August 31
- Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing to discuss North Korean missile test