Police bust racket involved in duping youths
Lucknow: Police on Sunday claimed to have
busted a racket involved in duping youths on the pretext of
leaking question papers of police recruitment examination with
the arrest of 27 people, including aspirants.
During a raid carried out in Dewapar village in
Jaunpur district last night, Achche Lal, an alleged member of
the gang was arrested along with 26 others, official sources
The examination was scheduled to be held at Dewapar
primary school this morning.
"Jaunpur Police was tipped off that a gang was duping
youths on pretext of providing solved papers of the police
recruitment examination and had asked aspirants to gather at
Dewapar village," a senior officer said.
He said the gang members had collected Rs 5,000 as
advance from each aspirant along with their original
educational certificates and photocopy of the admit cards.
"Acting on the tip off a police team raided Dewapar
village and arrested Achche Lal along with 26 other people
including aspirants and their parents," he said.
The officer said Rs 20,000 cash, educational
certificates of 13 candidates and three admit cards were
recovered from Achche Lal`s possession. Three four-wheelers,
nine motorcycles and 10 mobile phones were also seized.
"No question paper of police recruitment examination
was recovered from the spot," the officer said.
Police said other members of the gang including Bedi
Ram, Hariom alias Babloo and Ram Asrey Yadav managed to flee
from the spot.
"A case has been lodged and efforts were on to arrest
other members of the gang," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror