`Politics of hatred` dangerous for society: Azam
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Cabinet Minister Mohd Azam Khan on Sunday alleged that BJP was indulging in "politics of hatred" and termed the sort of politics as "dangerous for the country and the society".
"Dalits are being provoked by BJP to create rift between them and Muslims. Moradabad incident was orchestrated on the lines of riots in Muzaffarnagar," Azam told PTI here.
He alleged that BJP took advantage of Muzaffarnagar riots in the recently-concluded Lok Sabha polls and now it wanted to repeat the same by triggering such incidents in other parts of the state like Moradabad for political gains in by-elections.
"BJP`s aim is to take advantage of incident like Moradabad in Assembly by-elections," the Minister said.
He alleged that those involved in violence in Kanth in Moradabad were not local people but outsiders.
"They were brought from Haryana and other adjoining states and this was the reason they covered their faces," he alleged.
"BJP is indulging in politics of hatred which is dangerous not only for the society, but also for the country. They don`t believe in democracy and law of the country," Azam alleged.
The issue of holding of a `mahapanchayat` in Kanth area turned into a violent protest on July 4, during which BJP leaders, including four MPs, and an MLA who were accused in the Muzaffarnagar riots were detained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Virtual Classrooms supplement nursing education in Bihar
- Katrina Kaif names her best friend and it’s NOT Salman Khan – Details inside
- Fox News chief Ailes resigns after sexual harassment claims
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Is this the worst ball ever bowled in international cricket?
- Sensex recovers 54 points in early trade on corporate earnings