Poll debacle: BJP`s UP chief tenders resignation
Lucknow: BJP state president Surya Pratap
Shahi today send his resignation to party national president
Nitin Gadkari, owing moral responsibility for the electoral
debacle in Uttar Pradesh elections.
Shahi has send a letter to BJP national president Nitin
Gadkari offering his resignation from the post of state
president yesterday, party sources said here.
"I have written a personal letter to the national
president and will not elaborate much on it," Shahi said.
The BJP which won 51 seats in the 2007 polls was reduced
to 47 this time. Even Shahi, who contested from Pathardeva
seat in Kushinagar, lost in the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt