Poll debacle: BJP`s UP chief tenders resignation
Lucknow: BJP state president Surya Pratap
Shahi today send his resignation to party national president
Nitin Gadkari, owing moral responsibility for the electoral
debacle in Uttar Pradesh elections.
Shahi has send a letter to BJP national president Nitin
Gadkari offering his resignation from the post of state
president yesterday, party sources said here.
"I have written a personal letter to the national
president and will not elaborate much on it," Shahi said.
The BJP which won 51 seats in the 2007 polls was reduced
to 47 this time. Even Shahi, who contested from Pathardeva
seat in Kushinagar, lost in the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested