Poll debacle: BJP`s UP chief tenders resignation
Lucknow: BJP state president Surya Pratap
Shahi today send his resignation to party national president
Nitin Gadkari, owing moral responsibility for the electoral
debacle in Uttar Pradesh elections.
Shahi has send a letter to BJP national president Nitin
Gadkari offering his resignation from the post of state
president yesterday, party sources said here.
"I have written a personal letter to the national
president and will not elaborate much on it," Shahi said.
The BJP which won 51 seats in the 2007 polls was reduced
to 47 this time. Even Shahi, who contested from Pathardeva
seat in Kushinagar, lost in the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional