Priest shot dead inside temple premises in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A 45-year-old priest of a local temple was shot dead by two unidentified persons in Loni area, police said on Sunday.
Chetan Das, a native of Rajasthan, was killed inside the Prachin Sidh Baba Mandir premise last night, they said.
"Two youths who came on a bike entered the temple last night and opened fire at him and fled," SP Jagdish Sharma said, adding that the priest received four bullets on his head and three bullets in his chest.
As per preliminary investigation it was found that Das also dealt in property business and that some property dispute could be the reason behind the murder, Sharma said.
Das was rushed to GTB Hospital in Delhi where he was declared dead on arrival.
A case has been registered against unknown persons, the SP said, adding further investigations are on to nab the miscreants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?