Priest shot dead inside temple premises in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A 45-year-old priest of a local temple was shot dead by two unidentified persons in Loni area, police said on Sunday.
Chetan Das, a native of Rajasthan, was killed inside the Prachin Sidh Baba Mandir premise last night, they said.
"Two youths who came on a bike entered the temple last night and opened fire at him and fled," SP Jagdish Sharma said, adding that the priest received four bullets on his head and three bullets in his chest.
As per preliminary investigation it was found that Das also dealt in property business and that some property dispute could be the reason behind the murder, Sharma said.
Das was rushed to GTB Hospital in Delhi where he was declared dead on arrival.
A case has been registered against unknown persons, the SP said, adding further investigations are on to nab the miscreants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indus era at least 8,000 years old, not 5,500; culminated due to climate change!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Sunny Leone, Taapsee Pannu – Stars who donned the purple colour in elan!
- 'Get fit in style'! Shraddha Kapoor stuns in casual too!
- Three in three! Shane Watson has never lost T20 final in his first season with team
- It's a wrap for Vidya Balan-Arjun Rampal's 'Kahaani 2'!