Priest shot dead inside temple premises in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A 45-year-old priest of a local temple was shot dead by two unidentified persons in Loni area, police said on Sunday.
Chetan Das, a native of Rajasthan, was killed inside the Prachin Sidh Baba Mandir premise last night, they said.
"Two youths who came on a bike entered the temple last night and opened fire at him and fled," SP Jagdish Sharma said, adding that the priest received four bullets on his head and three bullets in his chest.
As per preliminary investigation it was found that Das also dealt in property business and that some property dispute could be the reason behind the murder, Sharma said.
Das was rushed to GTB Hospital in Delhi where he was declared dead on arrival.
A case has been registered against unknown persons, the SP said, adding further investigations are on to nab the miscreants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air