Probe ordered into fire at Kanshiram Memorial in Lucknow
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has
ordered a high-level probe into the fire incident at the
Kanshiram Memorial here, an official spokesman said.
A five-member committee has been constituted under the
Divisional Commissioner, Lucknow, to inquire into the fire
that broke out at the Kanshiram Smark Sthal at Jail Road last
evening allegedly due to a short-circuit, he said.
The committee has been directed to submit its inquiry
report with the government at the earliest, the spokesman
Besides the Commissioner of Lucknow, chief fire fighting
officer, chief engineer (building) PWD, chief engineer
(electricity) PWD and joint managing director Rajkiya Nirman
Nigam will be the members of the committee, he said.
Yesterday`s fire was detected when smoke was being
emitted y the net fixed in the dome constructed at main
building of the memorial.
Preliminary inquiry into the incident prima-facie
indicated that smoke was emitted from a plastic cable fixed
inside the wall of the dome due to a short-circuit in an
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra