Probe ordered into fire at Kanshiram Memorial in Lucknow
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has
ordered a high-level probe into the fire incident at the
Kanshiram Memorial here, an official spokesman said.
A five-member committee has been constituted under the
Divisional Commissioner, Lucknow, to inquire into the fire
that broke out at the Kanshiram Smark Sthal at Jail Road last
evening allegedly due to a short-circuit, he said.
The committee has been directed to submit its inquiry
report with the government at the earliest, the spokesman
Besides the Commissioner of Lucknow, chief fire fighting
officer, chief engineer (building) PWD, chief engineer
(electricity) PWD and joint managing director Rajkiya Nirman
Nigam will be the members of the committee, he said.
Yesterday`s fire was detected when smoke was being
emitted y the net fixed in the dome constructed at main
building of the memorial.
Preliminary inquiry into the incident prima-facie
indicated that smoke was emitted from a plastic cable fixed
inside the wall of the dome due to a short-circuit in an
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok