Rahul Gandhi visits Amethi
Amethi: Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi on Saturday visited his Lok Sabha constituency Amethi to call on the family of a party worker who died sometime back.
After offering condolence to Ram Pal Mishra`s son, he went on a whirlwind tour of Amethi, holding brief meetings with women self-help groups.
Gandhi flew down Friday evening from New Delhi to Lucknow from where he drove to Amethi. He returns to New Delhi later today.
He also paid his condolence to the families of 14 people who died in a road accident on April 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration