Railway employees suspended for delaying Sonia`s cavalcade
Rae Bareli: Two railway employees have been placed under suspension for allegedly causing delay in the movement of Congress chief Sonia Gandhi`s cavalcade during her visit here.
Authorities took action against the employees, one of them a gateman, for not being present at a rail-crossing which was closed, when the UPA chairperson`s entourage reached there yesterday, official sources said.
Gandhi`s cavalcade was stuck midway at a railway crossing of Jalalpur Ghai station and the gateman was missing. The Congress chief is on a visit to her Parliamentary
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs