Railways order inquiry into Gonda train mishap
Gorakhpur: Railways have ordered an inquiry into the train mishap in Gonda that left 14 people dead.
Railway Safety Commissioner P K Vajpayee would conduct the inquiry into the accident, an official spokesman of the North Eastern Railway said here today.
Fourteen people were killed and around 25 injured when the speeding Gonda-Ayodhya passenger train rammed into a truck at an unmanned level crossing in Gonda yesterday.
Railway Board Chairman S S Khurana and acting General Manager North Eastern Railway H S Pannu last night visited the accident site and ordered the inquiry.
Railway have established helplines at Lucknow, Gonda, Khalilabad and Gorakhpur stations for the convenience of the passengers. The numbers are Lucknow, 0522-2638353, Gonda, 05262-221526, Khalilabad - 05547-226219, and Gorakhpur 0551-1072.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account