Railways order inquiry into Gonda train mishap
Gorakhpur: Railways have ordered an inquiry into the train mishap in Gonda that left 14 people dead.
Railway Safety Commissioner P K Vajpayee would conduct the inquiry into the accident, an official spokesman of the North Eastern Railway said here today.
Fourteen people were killed and around 25 injured when the speeding Gonda-Ayodhya passenger train rammed into a truck at an unmanned level crossing in Gonda yesterday.
Railway Board Chairman S S Khurana and acting General Manager North Eastern Railway H S Pannu last night visited the accident site and ordered the inquiry.
Railway have established helplines at Lucknow, Gonda, Khalilabad and Gorakhpur stations for the convenience of the passengers. The numbers are Lucknow, 0522-2638353, Gonda, 05262-221526, Khalilabad - 05547-226219, and Gorakhpur 0551-1072.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations