Railways order inquiry into Gonda train mishap
Gorakhpur: Railways have ordered an inquiry into the train mishap in Gonda that left 14 people dead.
Railway Safety Commissioner P K Vajpayee would conduct the inquiry into the accident, an official spokesman of the North Eastern Railway said here today.
Fourteen people were killed and around 25 injured when the speeding Gonda-Ayodhya passenger train rammed into a truck at an unmanned level crossing in Gonda yesterday.
Railway Board Chairman S S Khurana and acting General Manager North Eastern Railway H S Pannu last night visited the accident site and ordered the inquiry.
Railway have established helplines at Lucknow, Gonda, Khalilabad and Gorakhpur stations for the convenience of the passengers. The numbers are Lucknow, 0522-2638353, Gonda, 05262-221526, Khalilabad - 05547-226219, and Gorakhpur 0551-1072.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days