Railways order inquiry into Gonda train mishap
Gorakhpur: Railways have ordered an inquiry into the train mishap in Gonda that left 14 people dead.
Railway Safety Commissioner P K Vajpayee would conduct the inquiry into the accident, an official spokesman of the North Eastern Railway said here today.
Fourteen people were killed and around 25 injured when the speeding Gonda-Ayodhya passenger train rammed into a truck at an unmanned level crossing in Gonda yesterday.
Railway Board Chairman S S Khurana and acting General Manager North Eastern Railway H S Pannu last night visited the accident site and ordered the inquiry.
Railway have established helplines at Lucknow, Gonda, Khalilabad and Gorakhpur stations for the convenience of the passengers. The numbers are Lucknow, 0522-2638353, Gonda, 05262-221526, Khalilabad - 05547-226219, and Gorakhpur 0551-1072.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America