Rainy Sunday in Taj city
Agra: Normal life was affected due to heavy rains in Agra Sunday, even as tourists continued to pour into the city through the newly-opened Yamuna Expressway, an official said.
Intermittent showers interfered with the travel plans of many tourists who had planned to visit Fatehpur Sikri after visiting the Taj Mahal.
Showers were heavy in the evening in the Achnera and Sikri areas, flooding low-lying areas. Vehicles were stranded on the road.
The Yamuna level also continued to rise. An irrigation department official said that "at this rate (of rainfall) the river could touch the low flood level of 495 feet".
The drizzle continued till 10 p.m.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!