Rainy Sunday in Taj city
Agra: Normal life was affected due to heavy rains in Agra Sunday, even as tourists continued to pour into the city through the newly-opened Yamuna Expressway, an official said.
Intermittent showers interfered with the travel plans of many tourists who had planned to visit Fatehpur Sikri after visiting the Taj Mahal.
Showers were heavy in the evening in the Achnera and Sikri areas, flooding low-lying areas. Vehicles were stranded on the road.
The Yamuna level also continued to rise. An irrigation department official said that "at this rate (of rainfall) the river could touch the low flood level of 495 feet".
The drizzle continued till 10 p.m.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what