Rainy Sunday in Taj city
Agra: Normal life was affected due to heavy rains in Agra Sunday, even as tourists continued to pour into the city through the newly-opened Yamuna Expressway, an official said.
Intermittent showers interfered with the travel plans of many tourists who had planned to visit Fatehpur Sikri after visiting the Taj Mahal.
Showers were heavy in the evening in the Achnera and Sikri areas, flooding low-lying areas. Vehicles were stranded on the road.
The Yamuna level also continued to rise. An irrigation department official said that "at this rate (of rainfall) the river could touch the low flood level of 495 feet".
The drizzle continued till 10 p.m.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days