Raja Bhaiya lands in trouble over his age
Lucknow: Controversial Uttar Pradesh
cabinet minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh, alias Raja Bhaiya on Tuesday landed in another controversy over his age disclosed in
his election nominations even as Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam
Singh Yadav backed him on his criminal antecedents.
As per the affidavit filed by Raja Bhaiah, the indendent
MLA, with his nomination papers in assembly polls in Uttar
Pradesh, he mentioned his age as 38 years.
Raja won from Kunda seat in Pratapgarh district in
1993-the first time he entered the electoral fray--and if this
affidavit is to be correct he should have been 19 years at
that time, which is not the permissible age for contesting
One can contest assembly polls only after attaining the
age of 25 years.
Asked on the issue, Mulayam Singh Yadav said he would
work good as he was a youth.
Besides Prision, Raja Bhaiya has been alloted Food and
Civil Supplies department in Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s
Raja Bhaiya was not available for comments.
On criminal antecedents of Raja Bhai, Mulayam said "no
court has held Raja Bhaiya guilty. There are many allegations
against party members. Who is there in SP who does not have
FIR registered against him?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark