Raja Bhaiya lands in trouble over his age
Lucknow: Controversial Uttar Pradesh
cabinet minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh, alias Raja Bhaiya on Tuesday landed in another controversy over his age disclosed in
his election nominations even as Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam
Singh Yadav backed him on his criminal antecedents.
As per the affidavit filed by Raja Bhaiah, the indendent
MLA, with his nomination papers in assembly polls in Uttar
Pradesh, he mentioned his age as 38 years.
Raja won from Kunda seat in Pratapgarh district in
1993-the first time he entered the electoral fray--and if this
affidavit is to be correct he should have been 19 years at
that time, which is not the permissible age for contesting
One can contest assembly polls only after attaining the
age of 25 years.
Asked on the issue, Mulayam Singh Yadav said he would
work good as he was a youth.
Besides Prision, Raja Bhaiya has been alloted Food and
Civil Supplies department in Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s
Raja Bhaiya was not available for comments.
On criminal antecedents of Raja Bhai, Mulayam said "no
court has held Raja Bhaiya guilty. There are many allegations
against party members. Who is there in SP who does not have
FIR registered against him?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series