Rajnath Singh to visit flood-hit UP areas on Friday
New Delhi: Home Minister Rajnath Singh will on Friday visit the flood-hit areas of eastern Uttar Pradesh to review the situation, officials said.
Home ministry officials said the minister will visit Gorakhpur to review the flood situation.
Rajnath Singh is scheduled to meet local officials and will also do an aerial survey of the affected areas.
Flood water from the Rapti river entered eight villages in Deoria district and also affected several other areas in the Gorakhpur-Basti zone on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song