Rajnath Singh to visit flood-hit UP areas on Friday
New Delhi: Home Minister Rajnath Singh will on Friday visit the flood-hit areas of eastern Uttar Pradesh to review the situation, officials said.
Home ministry officials said the minister will visit Gorakhpur to review the flood situation.
Rajnath Singh is scheduled to meet local officials and will also do an aerial survey of the affected areas.
Flood water from the Rapti river entered eight villages in Deoria district and also affected several other areas in the Gorakhpur-Basti zone on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read