Rajnath Singh to visit flood-hit UP areas on Friday
New Delhi: Home Minister Rajnath Singh will on Friday visit the flood-hit areas of eastern Uttar Pradesh to review the situation, officials said.
Home ministry officials said the minister will visit Gorakhpur to review the flood situation.
Rajnath Singh is scheduled to meet local officials and will also do an aerial survey of the affected areas.
Flood water from the Rapti river entered eight villages in Deoria district and also affected several other areas in the Gorakhpur-Basti zone on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics