Rajnath Singh to visit flood-hit UP areas on Friday
New Delhi: Home Minister Rajnath Singh will on Friday visit the flood-hit areas of eastern Uttar Pradesh to review the situation, officials said.
Home ministry officials said the minister will visit Gorakhpur to review the flood situation.
Rajnath Singh is scheduled to meet local officials and will also do an aerial survey of the affected areas.
Flood water from the Rapti river entered eight villages in Deoria district and also affected several other areas in the Gorakhpur-Basti zone on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users